Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Show and Tell


"Do you have to talk about God all the time?" My teenage daughter 
asked rolling her eyes.

"If I discovered a pile of diamonds wouldn't you want me to share 
them with you? That's how I feel about the Lord. He's my treasure 
and I want you to know Him too."

My first year as a Christian I couldn't help but talk about Jesus. And
in most circles, I'm not considered an outgoing person. God's abundant
living water tends to splash out. Still, many people think we ought to 
keep our Christianity to ourselves.

As an introvert I'd be just fine with that except for what's at stake and 
the many Scriptures encouraging us to do the opposite.

"Let the redeemed of the Lord say so" (Psalm 107:2)

"Let those who fear the Lord now say, "His mercy endures forever"    
                                                                          (Psalm 118:4)

"Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good 
works and glorify your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5: 16)

Just a few of the many verses written to inspire us to share about
the greatest part of their lives, our relationship with Jesus. He wants
all people to accept the treasure He alone can offer, not just life here 
and now but life eternal. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment